2016 Chevrolet Camaro in Howell, MI
2016 Chevrolet Camaro
Reengineered. Redesigned. Rewarded.
With three primetime powertrain options, an array of connective technologies and a strong yet sophisticated design, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro stands out in every way imaginable. And now, there’s another reason to take notice: Camaro is the 2016 Motor Trend Car of the Year.®
All-new, all Camaro
Designers were challenged to sculpt a modern Camaro body around a smaller, lighter architecture while respecting the predecessor’s design. This allowed for a smaller, wider, more athletic Camaro shape. These tighter proportions in a sports car that shed up to 390 pounds translates into more responsive braking, better attack in and out of corners, and a noticeably more nimble performance. Tighter proportions also let the aggressive body features like the fastback profile and rear quarter panels become more pronounced, creating a road presence that’s hard to ignore.
Aerodynamically Chiseled To Perfection
The lessons of extensive wind tunnel testing hours can be found chiseled across the redesigned Camaro sports car. From the wider opening and precise draft angle of the grille, to the roof’s striking “reverse mohawk” channel, to the lift-reducing stanchion spoiler, the design of every surface and edge was scrutinized until it helped improve airflow and performance.
Refined and driver-centric
Premium materials. Rich textures. Tailored stitching. This degree of refinement comes standard inside all Camaro models. But take the driver seat to discover the entire layout is optimized for performance driving. The sharpened styling includes:
- Rotating HVAC dials replace extra dash buttons for quicker, intuitive climate control
- A center console layout with dual cup holders and ample storage yet exceptional ergonomics for shifting
- The leather-wrapped (optional heated) steering wheel’s flat-bottom gives extra room for knees during maneuvers
- An available 8-inch radio touchscreen
- An available reconfigurable instrument cluster to display key performance and vehicle info
- Seating with aggressive bolsters and available heating/ventilation boosts comfort and provide support when enduring g-forces
Interior spectrum lighting
Interior spectrum lighting, available on Camaro 2LT and standard on Camaro 2SS, courses around the radio, door trim and cup holders, transitioning between 24 selectable colors. The color spectrum reacts to changes in drive modes, the lighting gives off an ambient nighttime glow, and selecting “show mode” triggers a pulsing, full-color light show.
Own the open sky
From the fully automatic soft top that seamlessly disappears beneath the hard tonneau cover, to modular underbody bracing to allow the same sharp, nimble handling as the coupe, the Camaro Convertible is a high-tech masterpiece. It even lets you raise or lower the top with a single button while driving up to 30 mph, or lower remotely with the keyfob.
All Camaro models start from a toned exterior sculpted for aerodynamic efficiency. LT comes standard with 18-inch aluminum wheels, LED daytime running lamps, halogen projector-beam headlamps and a grille unique to LT. Add the RS Appearance Package for:
- 20-inch wheels
- Decklid-mounted lip spoiler
- HID headlamps with LED signature
- LED taillamps
- Chrome-accented grille with iconic RS badging
IGo all the way with the legendary Camaro SS. Rule road and track with standard 20-inch wheels, HID headlamps with LED signature accents, LED taillamps, a full suite of intelligent performance technologies, plus:
- Unique rear stanchion spoiler
- Distinct hood with functional air vents
- Wide, assertive grille with integrated brake cooling ducts
- A 6.2L LT1 V8 engine with 455 HP and 455 lb-ft. of torque
- Available magnetic ride control
What will you make of it?
From the inside out, nearly every part of Camaro was reimagined. Play your part with a wide collection of accessory wheels, stripes, colors and modifications ready bring your Camaro to life in the visualizer at the top of the page. Then click below for even more possibilities.
The Camaro SIX app
The Camaro SIX app invites you to download and experience the 2016 Camaro right on your smartphone and tablet. Explore trim levels, make it yours by mixing and matching accessories, and take a 360° spin around its interior.
All-new performance from the ground up.
What happens when an all-new, lightweight platform joins forces with precision steering, a sophisticated suspension system and a full suite of performance technologies? You engineer a Camaro up to 390 lbs. lighter and 28% stiffer than its predecessor, giving the driver a precise feel and connection to the road.
Power And Efficiency Without The Sacrifice
However you want to drive, Camaro has a powertrain option tailored for you. From the standard, fierce 2.0L turbo to the available LT1 V8 powerhouse, learn why there are zero compromises of power or efficiency with any option.
The sports car’s mass-savings allows the LT’s standard turbo engine to put all of its 275 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of torque to work. Expect great efficiency plus surprising cornering and braking, and 0 to 60 manual time of 5.4 seconds† (5.5 automatic).
All-new and available on LT, the 335 hp and 284 lb.-ft. of torque are balanced with Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing. On the 8-speed automatic, get Active Fuel Management™ and clock 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds† (5.2 manual).
The LT1 V8 catapults the automatic Camaro SS 0 to 60 in 4 seconds flat† (4.3 manual) with 455 hp and 455 lb.-ft of torque. With Direct Injection, Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management™ (automatic), its efficiency is just as impressive.
2016 Camaro Sports Car Shifter
Get in your gear
Whether you choose the convenience of the available 8-speed paddle-shift automatic, or the tactile control of the 6-speed manual (with Active Rev Matching on SS), either transmission option makes for an exhilarating driving experience.
Driver Mode Selector
Customize your driving experience by selecting between Sport, Tour and Snow/Ice and Track (SS only) drive modes to instantly tailor up to eight different vehicle characteristics.
Raise Your Roar
Available with V6 and V8 powertrains, the dual-mode exhaust system features quad outlets and electric valves that open and close the active exhaust. It’s tuned to allow peak performance at high speeds and aggressive idle, and a less aggressive presence at steady cruising speeds. Also, the Driver Mode Selector calibrates a unique exhaust note for each mode.
While the all-new Camaro is loaded with performance technology, it also offers a surprising amount of modern driver-centric tech like a Head-Up Display, a wireless smartphone charger and Apple CarPlay, each available and ready to upgrade the driving experience.
- Apple CarPlay† compatibility – a smarter way to use your iPhone in-car
- Standard 7-inch and available 8-inch diagonal touch-screen
- Available MyLink† Navigation
- Voice-activated controls
- SiriusXM† with a trial subscription to SiriusXM All-Access for 12 months
- Available wireless phone charging pad†
- Available 9-speaker Bose® premium audio system
- Available 8-inch diagonal reconfigurable center screen display in instrument cluster
- Available Head-Up Display
- Electronic park brake, passive entry and push-button start
- Power seats with available Memory Package
- Available heated steering wheel
Stay connected to your Camaro even when you’re apart with the available OnStar® Basic Plan, including OnStar® RemoteLink† Key Fob Services, letting you use your compatible smartphone to
- Remotely start your car with the available factory-installed remote starter system
- Remotely activate door locks, horns and lights
- Receive OnStar Advanced Diagnostics e-mails
From Downshifts To Downloads
Stay connected. Camaro offers available built-in OnStar® 4G LTE Wi-Fi®† connectivity. The powerful signal gives you and your passengers the ability to seamlessly connect up to seven devices to the Internet.
It’s got your back, and front, and sides
Every performer needs a good safety net. With all the performance technology integrated into your precision-driving machine, take comfort in knowing the safety technology is just as precise and impressive.
- Rear vision camera with available Rear Park Assist
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
- Available active safety features: Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- 8 standard air bags on Camaro coupe†
- New driver and front passenger knee air bags
- Ultra high-strength steel safety cage
- OnStar® Guidance Plan† standard for six months with OnStar Automatic Crash Response System
© 2016 Chumney & Associates